Pythons’ Pit provides an avenue for creative, entrepreneurial students of Halton Region to pitch their business concepts and product ideas in front of a live audience and a panel of real business moguls from the community. The goal of Pythons’ Pit is to foster innovation, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit in Halton Region by:
- Providing an opportunity for high school students to further develop their business planning skills
- Raising funds to support Rotary’s Camp Enterprise
Rules & Regulations
Applications – High School Category
- Students attending any high school or equivalent in Halton Region at the time the application is submitted are eligible.
- Entries can be made by individuals or teams, with a maximum of 3 team members.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to the winning team(s).
- Awards of in kind services will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Pythons.
- Prizes awarded will be split equally among all members of the winning team(s).
- Free to apply.
- Multiple entries are allowed i.e., a person or team may submit an entry in both the High School and Open categories, but each entry must be unique.
- The Top 15 entries will be invited to attend the pitch preparation and mentor training program on the following dates : Feb 1, Feb 8, Feb 28. March 21 and March 28th from 5 pm – 9pm
- The Top 10 will be screened down to the Top 5 on March 28.
- Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Applications containing any misrepresentations will be disqualified.
Presentations by Qualifiers – High School Category
- Successful candidates will pitch in Studio on April 7th, 2018 and at the live Show on May 22, 2018 at The Burlington Performing Arts Centre
- Qualifiers will be given 3 minutes to present and 5 minutes for questions from the Pythons.
- Each Python will be given the opportunity to extend the question period by 2 minutes, for one presentation only.
- Presentations may be accompanied by visual aids and props. Time will not be allowed for set up. No power point or any other presentation that includes the use of a screen is allowed.
- The evaluation of a presentation will be based on presentation skills and the business case for the concept.
- Top 10 successful candidates will pitch at the studio filming session. The Pythons will select the top 3 after the in studio session. The Top 3 will move on to pitch at Burlington Performing Arts Centre on May 22 at our live event.